Sales Engineer (Unified Communications and Collaboration)
If you are an experienced and results-orientated Sales Engineer with a track record of delivering significant and exceptional service and solutions to customers, we want to talk to you!
Founded in 1997, Victoria headquartered Charter has grown into one of Canada’s foremost fastest growing Information Technology providers in the country, providing a broad array of high value product and service solutions to clients operating some of the most mission critical networks and applications.
If you are looking to be an integral part of a vibrant, success based environment with the core values of empowerment, flexibility, agility, innovation, high knowledge based, life balanced, and high ethics deeply embedded into the everyday culture then Charter is a place for you to look. We are a high-energy business focused team, providing the highest possible customer experience, with best-in-class engineering support.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer to engage in the high-level design and specification of solutions for Charter’s clients, focused in the technology vertical of Unified Communications and Collaboration.
About the Job:
- A specialized role focused on Cisco Unified Communications (UC) and Collaboration suite of products and the supporting technologies.
- Respond and engage in new opportunities, led by Charter Account Managers to assist in the qualification, high level design/architecture and specification of UC and Collaboration solutions.
- Deliver professional, well documented solution presentations via standardized formats to facilitate the sale as well as the delivery and deployment by the professional services team.
- Mentor and guide junior/entry level sales engineers.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendors, distributors and end customers.
- Develop and self-maintain high technical acumen in relevant subject matter. Stay current on technology trends, vendor products and promotions to produce high value solutions.
- Give solution demos via Cisco d-cloud or other similar tools to internal employees or customers.
- Work with adjacent technologies required to properly design and delivery voice/UC products such as IP QoS, 3rd party applications, directory integration etc.
- Excel at working in a fast paced team environment, servicing multiple internal and external customers nationally.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a Sales Engineer or similar role/function in the telecommunications technology sector.
- Highly capable and experienced in the high-level architecture, design and specification of Cisco Unified Communications core telephony solutions including UCM, Unity Connection, IM&P, IP gateways and various endpoint form factors.
- Exposure and familiarity with Cisco collaboration suite of products and technologies including Expressway (Collaboration Edge), Telepresence, Jabber, Spark and Webex.
- Understanding of the operation and application of voice related TDM and IP protocols, including SIP, ISDN, H.323, SCCP, RTP.
- Some exposure and familiarity with Contact Center design and integration with core voice systems an asset.
- Proven experience working with Cisco Commerce Workspace (CCW) for the purposes of building hardware/software/licensing bill of materials to facilitate the specification of Cisco voice systems.
- Strong articulation skills, both verbal and written in English, applied to the writing of Statement of Work (SOW) documents, RFPs, formal presentations and training.
- Experience in leading technical sales discussions, both internal and customer facing to varying depths and audiences.
- Ability to handle high amounts of concurrency and engagement priorities in a controlled and professional manner. Customer focused and driven to meet the objectives and directives of the organization.
- Authorized to work in Canada.
Please apply online at http://charter.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Joining Charter means joining the Charter family. High ethics and integrity are how we go about our daily business both internally and externally. 18 years and over 1200 customers later, we are known for our high value and high quality experiences by both our customers and our manufacturing partners.
Joining Charter means joining a team of people with wide ranging backgrounds and passions for life experiences. From climbing mountains, to kid’s hockey rinks and fields, to deep diving in oceans, to crossing them in sailboats, to flying high in the sky above them, to musicians, to woodworkers, collectors and artists, the team at Charter is a group of passionate people that come together to create success in every way, for everybody. Nothing speaks to this more than our extremely low employee turnover, with a long tenured Sales, Engineering and Logistics team.
We offer a flexible results focused work environment with a highly competitive compensation plan and health benefits plan.
For more information, please visit our website at www.charter.ca.