Network Engineer – Calgary, AB
If you are an experienced and results-orientated Network Engineer with a track record of delivering significant and exceptional solutions to customers, we want to talk to you!
Founded in 1997, Victoria headquartered Charter has grown into one of Canada’s foremost fastest growing Information Technology providers in the country, providing a broad array of high value product and service solutions to clients operating some of the most mission critical networks and applications.
If you are looking to be an integral part of a vibrant, success based environment with the core values of empowerment, flexibility, agility, innovation, high knowledge based, life balanced, and high ethics deeply embedded into the everyday culture then Charter is a place for you to look. We are a high-energy business focused team, providing the highest possible customer experience, with best-in-class engineering support.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to engage in the delivery of technology solutions for Charter’s clients in a variety of areas, including: advanced routing and switching, unified communications and collaboration, data center and security.
We are currently looking to fill a positon in our office in Calgary, AB.
About the Job:
- Focused on delivery technology solutions in a team environment using a conventional and Agile project based approaches.
- Offer support to Charter clients through our service desk and on-call support groups.
- Apply skills to stage, configure, install and test solutions across a defined array of vendors including: Cisco, Juniper, Avaya/Extreme, NetApp, Nutanix.
- Technical exposure in a wide range of technologies including:
- Enterprise routers and switches (mandatory)
- Unified Communications and Collaboration Applications – Cisco (preferred)
- Enterprise security firewalls (preferred)
- Wireless APs and Controllers (optional)
- Data Center storage and compute (optional)
- Work equally well independently and with a team in a highly collaborative fashion, sharing ideas, skills and providing assistance to others on a day to day basis.
- Show a high degree of initiative and motivation to succeed and continuously improve. Ability to set personal goals and work with a mentor/coach to achieve.
- Will strive to provide leadership to co-workers and customers on a day to day basis.
- Maintain and grow knowledge and expertise through research, self-paced training and certifications.
- 3+ years previous hands-on technical experience with some or all of the following leading technology vendors including Cisco, Juniper, Avaya, Nutanix, VMWare, NetApp.
- Highly competent with the following technologies: LAN/WAN routing and switching – focused with Cisco or Juniper (or both)
- Exposure and comfort with some/all of the following technologies: Server virtualization (VMware/Hyper-V), Storage arrays, VoIP, Wireless LAN, Perimeter Security (firewalls, IPS, etc)
- Post-secondary education in the area of Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology, Network & Electronics Technician or equivalent
- Professional level certifications or equivalent in relevant technologies and vendors.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, and able to read and write in English.
- Authorized to work in the Canada.
Please apply online at http://charter.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Joining Charter means joining the Charter family. High ethics and integrity are how we go about our daily business both internally and externally. 18 years and over 1200 customers later, we are known for our high value and high quality experiences by both our customers and our manufacturing partners.
Joining Charter means joining a team of people with wide ranging backgrounds and passions for life experiences. From climbing mountains, to kid’s hockey rinks and fields, to deep diving in oceans, to crossing them in sailboats, to flying high in the sky above them, to musicians, to woodworkers, collectors and artists, the team at Charter is a group of passionate people that come together to create success in every way, for everybody. Nothing speaks to this more than our extremely low employee turnover, with a long tenured Sales, Engineering and Logistics team.
We offer a flexible results focused work environment with a highly competitive compensation plan and health benefits plan.
For more information, please visit our website at www.charter.ca.