Junior Project Manager
Founded in 1997, Victoria headquartered Charter has grown into one of Canada’s foremost fastest growing Information Technology providers in the country, providing a broad array of high value product and service solutions to clients operating some of the most mission critical networks and applications.
If you are looking to be an integral part of a vibrant, success based environment with the core values of empowerment, flexibility, agility, innovation, high knowledge based, life balanced, and high ethics deeply embedded into the everyday culture then Charter is a place for you to look. We are a high-energy business focused team, providing the highest possible customer experience, with best-in-class engineering support.
Charter currently has an opening for an entry to mid-level Project Manager to work alongside our team of established PMs within the Project Office.
About the Job:
- Coordinate/manage a variety of IT focused projects that range in both size and complexity.
- Focused on delivery technology solutions in a team environment using a conventional and Agile project based approaches.
- Handle a significant number of concurrent running project streams, leveraging our internal Agile team resources and working within those frameworks to deliver each project successfully.
- Leverage pre-defined templates and standard operating procedures to allow for efficient delivery.
- Be a contributing team player inside the PMO, attending all meetings and assisting with the continuous improvement of process.
- Work closely with technical staff to understand what you are delivering and the risks associated with the technologies being deployed.
- Be an advocate for both the customer as well as the Charter technical team and the broader business visions and goals.
- Strive for efficient and high velocity project delivery, using all tools and techniques available to deliver quickly and with high quality.
- 1-3 years of direct project management experience.
- Job exposure to the technology sector.
- Proven ability to interwork in team environments.
- Demonstrable skills in planning, resourcing, risk management and reporting.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Exposure or experience in alternative project management methods such as Agile or Lean an asset.
- Post secondary education from an accredited University or College.
- Authorized to work in the Canada.
Please apply online at http://charter.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Joining Charter means joining the Charter family. High ethics and integrity are how we go about our daily business both internally and externally. 18 years and over 1200 customers later, we are known for our high value and high quality experiences by both our customers and our manufacturing partners.
Joining Charter means joining a team of people with wide ranging backgrounds and passions for life experiences. From climbing mountains, to kid’s hockey rinks and fields, to deep diving in oceans, to crossing them in sailboats, to flying high in the sky above them, to musicians, to woodworkers, collectors and artists, the team at Charter is a group of passionate people that come together to create success in every way, for everybody. Nothing speaks to this more than our extremely low employee turnover, with a long tenured Sales, Engineering and Logistics team.
We offer a flexible results focused work environment with a highly competitive compensation plan and health benefits plan.
For more information, please visit our website at www.charter.ca.