Security Solutions Expert
- If you are a driven and results-orientated Security Solutions Expert looking to take your career to the next level with an established, highly regarded, world class company delivering significant and measurable results to clients, we want to talk to you!
Founded in 1997, Victoria headquartered Charter has grown into one of Canada’s foremost fastest growing Information Technology providers in the country, providing a broad array of high value product and service solutions to clients operating some of the most mission critical networks and applications.
If you are looking to be an integral part of a vibrant, success based environment with the core values of empowerment, flexibility, agility, innovation, high knowledge based, life balanced, and high ethics deeply embedded into the everyday culture then Charter is a place for you to look. We are a high-energy business focused team, providing the highest possible customer experience, with best-in-class engineering support.
We are looking for a Security Expert to lead, plan, design and implement security solutions, including firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, malware detection and prevention and network access control. Solutions are focused on the Cisco security suite but also include vendors such as Juniper and Palo Alto. The successful candidate will be an experienced and seasoned security professional with extensive experience designing and implementing Cisco based solutions. As we have several offices throughout Canada, we are open to where this position will be based.
About the Job:
Plan, design, implement and test solutions for customers within the Cisco security technology suite (Juniper/Palo Alto an optional asset).
Apply expertise to the development of internal security practice intellectual property.
Provide leadership to the broader technical team and on project based delivery.
Maintain current knowledge and expertise; Research and recommend new technologies and solutions to meet customer and business needs.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (computer science, information technology, etc.) from an accredited institution; May consider an equivalent combination of directly-related work experience and education.
- At least 5 years’ minimum of direct applicable experience working with network security based products and technologies (direct experience with Cisco solution sets is required)
- Cisco CCNP Security or greater certification level (multiple disciplines an asset)
- Proven experience deploying security and related solutions
- Proficient verbal (English) and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; Team player with a proven ability to deliver outstanding product/service and build relationships with colleagues and clients
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Joining Charter means joining the Charter family. High ethics and integrity are how we go about our daily business both internally and externally. 18 years and over 1200 customers later, we are known for our high value and high quality experiences by both our customers and our manufacturing partners.
Joining Charter means joining a team of people with wide ranging backgrounds and passions for life experiences. From climbing mountains, to kid’s hockey rinks and fields, to deep diving in oceans, to crossing them in sailboats, to flying high in the sky above them, to musicians, to woodworkers, collectors and artists, the team at Charter is a group of passionate people that come together to create success in every way, for everybody.
Nothing speaks to this more than our extremely low employee turnover, with a long tenured Sales, Engineering and Logistics team.
We offer a flexible results focused work environment with a highly competitive compensation plan and health benefits plan.